Website Linking Policy
OAKLAND WEB SITE
Linking Policy for Non-Government Links
While the focus of the Town of Oakland’s web site is to provide information to local citizens, we recognize that potential visitors and people exploring business opportunities in Oakland may visit our web site. To accommodate these visitors our site may also include links to regional trade, recreation and business information.
Links on our web site generally must meet the following criteria:
- Other governments and educational institutions in the State of Maine.
- Oakland only Businesses.
- Generally recognized community councils and organizations.
- Arts, cultural, sports and festivals of general interest to Oakland residents.
- Information visitors to Oakland will find of interest.
Generally, oaklandmaine.us does not link to:
- Candidate sites or sites advocating a position on Town or other political or ballot issues.
- Individual personal home pages.